Work with Us
Good Day Shop is a brick and mortar in Madison, WI and online shop focused on selling mindfully-made home & lifestyle goods and curated gifts. Our signature event, Good Day Market is held each December and features 70+ midwest makers and designers. Connection and collaboration is what drives us and finding ways to build community is at the heart of everything we do.
Sales Associate (Part-Time)
Good Day Shop is looking for a part-time Shop Associate to join our team. The primary responsibility of a shop associate is to encourage sales by exemplifying Good Day Shop’s core ethos of community, connectedness and inclusivity around mindfully-made goods.
Shop associates work to create a warm and welcoming environment, build relationships with our community and share our story. Shop Associates are often our client’s first interaction with our brand and the go-to resource for questions and concerns. They keep the shop running smoothly on a daily basis.
The ideal candidate is friendly, thoughtful and believes in conscious consumerism. A successful shop associate will be a self manager, adaptive and eager to contribute. They are proactive and mindful in creating a shop environment that is inclusive of varying perspectives and experiences.
We are committed to keeping our team members safe during the Covid-19 pandemic, and have implemented several precautionary measures that follow local guidelines and beyond.
Sales & Promotion
- Represent the company brand and positively reflect brand ethos in shop, at events, online and in written communication
- Demonstrate active listening to identify customer needs and make thoughtful recommendations to suit their needs
- Coordinate and fulfill customer special orders with excellent follow through
- Remember loyal customers’ names, life stories and preferences and help build meaningful relationships
- Participate in creating social content, social engagement and social sales
- Guide customers in curating gifts and crafting their wish lists
- Provide customer insight on new products, categories or brands to consider
- Staff special events onsite and offsite
- Maintain a vast knowledge of all of the products we carry including benefits and uses
- Help create connections by sharing stories of how the product is made and the maker behind it
- Personalize customer experiences by matching individual preferences and needs with the perfect product
- Ensure every person who enters the shop is greeted, thanked and cared for during their visit
- Help create a warm, upbeat and inclusive feeling in the shop
- Manage customer flow and capacity and stay current with shop safety protocols
- Handle customer concerns and issues with tact and kindness
- Process exchanges, returns, damages and gift cards without assistance
- Prioritize customer engagement over all other shop tasks
- Anticipate customer needs and addresses them proactively
- Monitor and maintain company email account and phones
- Communicate with customers via email, phone and text messaging regarding order updates and product recommendations
- Maintain and build customer contact information in our customer database
- Operate cash register, manage financial transactions and keep drawer balanced
- Efficiently count items as they are being wrapped and bagged upon customer checking out
- Actively maintain shop presentation by cleaning, stocking, steaming, styling and zhushing products
- Unpack, receive, enter and tag inventory when shipments arrive
- Process, prepare and fulfill orders for pick up and shipping
- Keep common areas, back stock and supplies organized, restocking shop supplies as needed
- Pack Made Kits products for sale and prep brand products including labeling and boxing
- Follow and maintain shop Trello board with customer requests and project updates
- Excel at gift wrapping, bagging and protecting breakables
- Monitor shop security cameras
- Light cleaning including caring for floors, dusting, watering plants, breaking down/recycling boxes, taking out trash and sanitizing high touch areas
Special projects as assigned
Benefits & Requirements
Part-time position at a competitive hourly rate and incentives
Flexible availability + commitment to working evenings, weekends and around the holidays and adherence to black-out days a must
Commitment to contributing to an inclusive and safe working environment
Must be able to work shifts alone & utilize critical-thinking skills.
Must bend, reach and stretch for products as well as lift, carry and move boxes that weigh at least 40 pounds
People of all genders and identifications are encouraged to apply.
To apply: please send an email with your résumé, availability, pay expectations and why you think you’d be perfect for our team to firstname.lastname@example.org.